Tips & Tricks for Hair coloring at home

11:33 gbh 12 Comments

hey dolls
well this post is all about hair coloring,yes i know we love to color,streaks,highlights/ low lights in our hair,but always what comes to mind is that is this coloring is OK means is it harmful or not?




well i faced premature greying in my teens, it was quite painful for me cuz i had this in my genes.My grani faced this ,then my mum and now me,am in my late twenties now.This caused my confidence to shatter a lot but then i cop with it.As my doctor told me that greying is irreversible so i have to live with this.So i gone for different hair dye techniques,How i colored my hair lets reveal.


In my early age i stayed away from chemicals as much as possible,i never uses dye till 24.I use to color my hair with Henna/mehndi.Yes the resultant color is not very pleasant and it gave me orange tone but still i didn't go for some chemical treatment.As being a chemist i know ammonia causes some serious damage to hair.But after 25 i decided to color my hair after 4 months gap,meanwhile in the gap i apply henna as always.I  use home hair dye kits,they are reliable and all the instructions are written over them so no fuzz,just bought them,followed the instructions and viola.


After all that coloring process i have learn few tips and tricks which i am sharing with you guyz here.

Tips for applying hair color

  • Apply on clean and wet towel dried hair rather than dry hair.It would cause less damage.
  • While preparing the mixture make sure you have mixed the right amount of cream and developer as described on leaflet,the color depends on how accurately you took the amount and the mixing,yes mixing is very important,use hair color brush to mix.
  • Most of the hair color have equal mixing,keep a measuring spoon so you wont get the ratio wrong.
  • Never apply on roots.keep it away at least 1cm.Apply with brush.In case you have grey hair then apply in roots.
  • Never apply more than 30 min in home coloring kit.If necessary than wash it and apply with new mixture again.
  • Always wash your hair with shampoo after wards thoroughly.Mostly allergy is caused by any left chemical in shampoo.
  • 20% vol  ammonia is enough.Try to avoid high ammonia volumes. 

Tips for long lasting color

  • Use color protectant shampoo and conditioner;[L'Oreal has good shampoos and available nationwide]
  • Avoid sun exposure as much as possible.It can reduce the color intensity.

SOme people face serious allergy like my mother had faced this.I did research on this and found these tips to be very good.

Allergy caused by hair color

  • Always take allergy test before applying the hair dye.Allergy test is written on every kit.
  • Proper wash the hair after dying.Make sure no chemical is left is hair.
  • Never go for cheap dyes they can cause serious damage.Go for some good ones after reading reviews.


Latest trends in hair colors

Latest trend is hair chalking and ombre hair.


Lemme tell you in end that after 3 years of hair coloring i am facing much more greying than before.But what can one do.

Hair color kits i have used so far

  • Kuene hair dye home kit
  • Loreal hair color
  • Loreal ammonia free hair color
  • Framesi hair color
  • Garnier hair color

Hope this post was helpful.
If you have any question do leave in comment box and i would get back to you.

love shafaq


12 comments:

  1. Great tips. come read my post.

    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jackie...sure would love to read your post

      Delete
  2. Grt tips thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post - I am a dye-hard (ha) home hair colorist! Gonna share on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shafaq, I have to get mine done professionally... I used to do it at home but now it way too long... :) ... I think it is great if you can do it home though:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well helpful post I must say.i have a few greys in my hair.So i just take that one inch section and color it protecting others from color :P I have heard of a natural brand"Light mountain".Its US based and all natural and doesn't cause more graying.I think i will try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very nice tip though...I have heard of same brand and i been after that...Once i catch it,sure be telling my experience with you guyz....

      Delete

hey my lovelies...Do comment as i love to hear your thoughts...you can also email me if you want to ask something at shafaqsaleem12@gamil.com