The body shop rainforest balance shampoo for oily hair ~Review

11:46 gbh 5 Comments


The body shop says about this

Cleanses to reduce excess oil for hair that looks clean and fresh all day.
  • Contains pracaxi oil, white nettle, seaweed and Community Trade sugar and aloe vera.
  • No silicones, no sulphates, no parabens and no colourants
  • For oily hair.

My Experience

I got oily and itchy scalp and also have some sort of fungal infection due to heavy oil in roots so always use some strong tropical lotions to minimize that and lately using this shampoo to tackle with my heavy duty problems of hair being advised by my dermatologist.(Read my haul post here)most of the skin problems occur mainly due to the oily scalp,dandruff is not dry scalp problem but for oily scalp.So if you are facing same problem for dandruff and itchy scalp then do check your scalp it would definitely be oily.

So far my hair are loving this shampoo,gives instant volume and removes all the oil and dirt and keep oil at bay for 2 days,gives shine and boost to my hair,although my hair are naturally shiny...It is paraben and sulphates free so another plus for this.But i feel it removes the natural oil too so i use it once a week to get the desired results.It really has help me in controlling my oil.

Overall i find it good for oily scalp,the turning side is of course the price as for shampoo it is too much to pay.

Reasons to have this

  • good for oily scalp
  • keeps oil at bay for 2 days
  • gives instant volume
  • paraben/sulphate free

Reasons to leave this

  • removes natural oil too
  • pricey

My Ratings

3.8/5

Would I recommend?

Treating my oily scalp really well,so give it a shot if you have similar problem.

Price And Availability

I got mine from the body shop outlet in Rs.950 from sale.Original price is Rs.1250/250ml or £4.50/250ml.

What you do to control excess oil on scalp?

Gracis for reading,


5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sorry about your experience using this product on your scalp. Well, i appreciate the heads up and tips. Fantastic review.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and honest review.....xoxoxo....^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an honest review .. thanks for sharing dear .. thats why i love reading your posts <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review.I have same thoughts on this shampoo. ^_^ I wis it was a little kinder though xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked ur honest review.. it is expensive for my taste :)
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

hey my lovelies...Do comment as i love to hear your thoughts...you can also email me if you want to ask something at shafaqsaleem12@gamil.com